Re: installing D-Link DWL-650 (16-bit) on sid w/ 2.6.12 kernel

Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:

Paul hello,
after putting the lines you suggested in the appropriate files it still
doesn't work. When I try with "ifup" and get this:

# ifup eth1
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
   SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
   SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
   SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.
Failed to bring up eth1.

Any suggestions?
If you are running sid the latest wireless-tools package now seems to be broken. My card stopped working last week apparently because of that. I now get exactly the same output from "ifup eth1" as you do. See today's thread: "Wireless access suddenly broken"

AFAIK know you either need to go back one version of wireless-tools or wait until the bug has been fixed. I haven't filed a bug report yet and I don't know if Anthony Campbell has either.

Paul