Re: How to install under a SATA disk?

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 02:07:42 -0700
Han Chunwei <cwhann@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have two questions to ask:
> 1. The cpu of my computer is AMD Athlon64 2800+, which
> distribution should I use?32bit or 64bit?
> 2. The hard-disk is of SATA type, and I can't install the system
> from hard-disk(I don't have a CD-Rom). I have tried every method

Getting a cheap CD-R drive would be terribly useful.

> to do this and failed. I nearly got despaired.
> Please figure out a way to solve the problems. Thank you!

With a Sempron 2800+ (little brother of A64), I easily installed
onto a SATA disk using the Etch (testing) netinstall ISO.

Here's links to a multi-floppy install:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/floppy/