Re: iPodder wont start

On 10/1/05, Jules Dubois <s3mkpio02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
On Saturday 01 October 2005 20:36, Roger Creasy <roger.mailist@gmail.com>
(<[🔎] 29178b6d0510011936u382e4480vdfec69ea5715e104@mail.gmail.com">[🔎] 29178b6d0510011936u382e4480vdfec69ea5715e104@mail.gmail.com >) wrote:

> OK. I do get the following:
>
> basement:/usr/bin# iPodder
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "iPodderGui.py", line 22, in ?
> import wx
> ImportError: No module named wx
>
> However, this does not help me. Is there anyone out there who can help?

In Sid, the Debian 'ipodder' package depends on 'python-wxgtk2.6'.  Did you
install ipodder from a Debian package and do you have the Python wxWidgets
bindings?

> TIA

You might also try 'gtkpod'.

Yes, I installed the Debian package.  I do not have 'python-wxgtk2.6' in my available list.  I am running Sarge,; I tried Sid and my system crashed... so, I am afraid to add testing  packaages, unless I must.

I installed 'gtkpod' but it does not seem to have the ability to manage podccasts. Did I miss something?

Roger