Vista/Longhorn [was Re: What is the different between ...]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Vista/Longhorn [was Re: What is the different between ...]
- From: Chris Bannister <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:06:34 +1200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20051001100634.GR3017@kan>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20050928120708.GA28417@pooq.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 01:10:15PM +0100, Joseph Haig wrote:
> --- Hendrik Boom <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:40:57AM +0100, Joseph Haig wrote:
> > > --- Tony Godshall <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Debian is moving toward equality among kernels- hurd, bsd,
> > > > and even windows (gah!).
> > > >
> > >
> > > So there is truth in the rumours that Windows Vista is going to be
> > > Linux based? But I suppose Debian with a Windows kernel wouldn't
> > > strictly be Linux based. I dread to think what it would be, though
> > -
> > > <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049366/>
> > Never heard of Windows Vista. What is it?
> Official name of the next version of Windows, previously called
> Longhorn. It is due to be released in summer 2004 - wait, I think the
> deadline may have slipped a bit.
And watch the sh_t hit the fan. I'm predicting major headaches, like
"Why can't I read my document in xxx app" etc
See the links below for the gory details.
Reproduction if desired may be handled locally. -- rfc3