Re: Storing whole sarge disto on a HD partition?

> > I'm buying a laptop and was wondering, is there a faq or howto anyplace on
> > copying the whole distribution to a partition on a HD?  It would be great
> > to be away from home, and if a package is recommended to me to just be able
> > to log into root and run apt-get while on the road.
>
> Just mirror the repository  (rsync would probably be the way of
> choice) somewhere on your filesystem and point apt.conf to that place.

I did that once. I copied the isos to the HD, mounted
them with "-o loop", then I put a symlink to each one
in /var/www, and then put an entry for each one of
them in sources.list, and I could use apt to install
from them.

You need to install a web server for that.
Maybe another method exists, this one is simple
enough.

Regards.

--
Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
and you are the easiest person to fool.
     -- Richard Feynman.