Re: Storing whole sarge disto on a HD partition?

> I'm a dial up user who purchased sarge on a 14 cd set.
>
> I'm buying a laptop and was wondering, is there a faq or howto anyplace on
> copying the whole distribution to a partition on a HD?  It would be great
> to be away from home, and if a package is recommended to me to just be able
> to log into root and run apt-get while on the road.

Just mirror the repository  (rsync would probably be the way of
choice) somewhere on your filesystem and point apt.conf to that place.

Probably you could just copy the files from the CDs instead of mirroring, too.
The apt-conf-settings for the cd is also just a pointer to a filesystem-location

Or if you have connection to a broadband-access sometime :

http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror