Re: problems with fbsebg

On 2005-09-22 @ 17:55:41 (week 38) Christian Christmann wrote:

> after running dist-upgrade couple of days ago I get the error message when
> trying to set a new background picture with "fbsetbg":
>
> fbsetbg: Something went wrong while setting the wallpaper. Run 'display
> -geometry 1280x1024+0+0 -window root
> /home/chris/.fluxbox/backgrounds//picture.jpg' from an xterm to find out
> what.
>
> When I run "display -geometry 1280x1024+0+0 -window root
> /home/chris/.fluxbox/backgrounds//picture.jpg" I get the error message:
>
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08050190 ***
> Aborted

Hi Christian,

I have the same happening here. You're not alone... }:-)

> Any idea how to fix that problem?

Well, as it only occurs after setting the background it is not something
that bothers me too much (it appears fbsetbg does do its job normally,
with the added "bonus" of this error message, which "costs" you one
click to remove). So, I decided to just wait and see if a new version
would fix it.

I have to admit though that I do not reboot my boxes that much. If you
do (laptop?), then it might be more of a nuisance to you.

Sorry, I know this isn't too helpful.

Grx HdV