Re: gnome upgrade in testing

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 10:54:08AM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > 'apt-get upgrade' is holding back lots of gnome programs. When I go
> > to manually install them apt-get wants to remove some programs.
> > Could someone explain to me why it wants to remove 'capplets' while
> > at the same time upgrading 'capplets-data'?
>
> If you're using testing you should expect this type of thing to
> happen.

No, I shouldn't. It makes no sense to upgrade the data for an
application if the application itself is being removed.

>  A good way to get to the bottom of things is to run aptitude
>  interactively, try to do what you want, and look at the bottom pane
>  for feedback.

In other words, you do not know the answer to my question.

--
"Our doctrine is based on private property. Communism is based on
 systematic plunder, since it consists in handing over to one man,