Re: exim4 how to enable authorisation

On 29/09/05, Chris Purves <chris.purves@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed exim4 and enabled sasl for authorisation according to
> the supplied docs, but I don't know how to get the server to
> authorise.  If I allow relaying from all hosts, then I end up with an
> open relay.  If I disable relaying, then there's no option to
> authorise.
>
> I'm sure this is a simple thing to enable, but I can't find the answer
> anywhere.  Thank you for your help.

I found the problem...it was really stupid.  The computer I was using
to test authentication had the computer name (win98) set to
king_graham, and it was being rejected because it was not a proper
hostname when sending EHLO king_graham.  I changed it to king-graham
and now it can try to authenticate.

Now I get "TLS not supported"...still have to figure that out.

--
Take care, eh.
Chris