Re: root cannot su to normal user now

2005/9/30, Wang Xu <gnawux@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I have 2 linux computer, one is running testing, and the other is running
> unstable.
>
> Now the sid one cannot use `su' to change from root to any user, including
> itself.

additional information:

I found there were some problems about wheel group setting.

1) For the previous described setting, members of wheel group can su to any
   user without typing passwd, while they can only su to root without passwd
   before.

2) After disabling the wheel group setting, root can su to any user it want.

Thank you!