Re: newbie boot question

Mike McCarty wrote:
Jim Woodward wrote:

michael wrote:

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 12:20 -0400, Jim Woodward wrote:

How do I retrieve the messages that I see when booting?
dmesg does not have all the information.
I'm using kernel 2.6.13.2
Thanks

Obviously, there are some messages which may be unretrieveable
even in principle. Until some persistent file system gets mounted,
nothing is stored. So, if the machine fails to come up to the
point where it has mounted a persistent file system, nothing
can be saved. If messages are stored in a non-persistent
area (which I doubt) before that point, then after then they
could be copied to a persistent file system, like /etc/something.

What exactly is your ultimate goal?

Mike
I want to correct some mistakes I must have made when running xconfig.