Re: compiling non-initrd 2.6 kernel?

Hi Jan,

So here is some more to look for:

Are the following block devices compiled into your kernel:

       IDE, BLK_IDE, BLK_DEVB_IDEDISK, IDE_GENERIC, BLK_DEV_IDEPCI,
       BLK_DEV_GENERIC, BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI, IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO
       + the driver for the chipset used in your pc?

You mentioned that Reiser is already compiled in but what about:
MSDOS_PARTITION ?

And then the almost borderline insulting one: did you remove/ommit the
initrd specification from your /boot/grub/menu.lst in the entry that you
boot from?

Jan
I did remove the initrd mention in lilo.conf, and rerun it. About these other block devices and msdos partition, I can´t tell right now, but as soon as I get back home, I´ll check it (i´m eager to, actually).
Do you run a non-initrd kernel yourself?

bruno