Re: broken kdm/kde

Roger Creasy wrote:
> I am a newbie, but that was what intuition told me :)
>
> So, any ideas how I could install Rosegarden without the system
> problems? Obviously Rosegarden is making some change to my OS....
>
> Roger

Assume you're replying to my post.  If I try to install rosegarden4 on
my sarge box, I get:

geddy:/home/antony# aptitude install rosegarden4
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
The following NEW packages will be automatically installed:
  akode fftw3 hicolor-icon-theme kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4
  khelpcenter libarts1 liblo0 liblrdf0 libopenexr2 libraptor1
  libsamplerate0 menu-xdg raptor-utils swh-plugins
  akode fftw3 hicolor-icon-theme kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4
  khelpcenter libarts1 liblo0 liblrdf0 libopenexr2 libraptor1
  libsamplerate0 menu-xdg raptor-utils rosegarden4 swh-plugins
0 packages upgraded, 17 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 27.3MB of archives. After unpacking 83.6MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] n

It doesn't try to install anything from unstable.  I'm confused as to
why you thought it did last time.