Re: firefox - no print output

--- golfer <golfbuf@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/28/05, Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've googled this, but not had anything that's
> > > solved
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Debian Sarge: cupsys
> > >
> > > OpenOffice prints fine.
> > >
> > > Firefox doesn't even make the printer stir.
>
> You can reconfigure firefox to use kprinter for
> printing.  Use the
> File => Print dialog, then select Properties of the
> printer, and under
> print command, replace whatever is there (i.e. 'lpr
> ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}) with
> the word
> 'kprinter'.  Now, when you go to print, it'll call
> up the kprinter
> dialog, which is already working.

Excellent - didn't know that. Just received a
suggestion off list to install cupsys-bsd. Solved!
Works!

The kprinter method would have had to have been
configured for 550 users in a primary school. I wonder
how I could have done that without user
intervention...? It's a moot point, as I've got it
working, but it would be interesting to know...

Thanks again.

--
Matt