Re: small characters on some windows, like OOo

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 10:20:40PM +0200, Thomas Jollans wrote:

> >Debian Sarge
> >kernel-2.6.8
> >Window Maker
> >
> >I set up my X Window to have largers characters in some applications:
> >ThoughTracker, URxvt, ..
> >
> >I edit for example the /etc/X11/app-defaults/URxvt-lite to get largers
> >character in rxvt-unicode xterm window.
> >
> >I use too Switch to set up fonts size in some applications.
> >
> >Still, I have to small characters in menu for example in OpenOfficeorg
> >window, or X-Chat window.
> >
> >Where should I set up more to get bigger characters in these windows?
> >
> xchat uses gtk+2, and there is a gtk+2 interface for openoffice (package
> name is summat like openoffice.org-gtk-gnome ).
> you can change the font size with switch2 (in package gtk-theme-switch).
> for gtk+ apps like XMMS use switch.
> mozilla firefox and thunderbird also use gtk+2, but do not seem to
> respect gtk font changes. I already filed bugs a while ago on this. If
> anyone else is expieriencing the problem, it might help if you aknoledge
> the bug in the BTS.

When I log in with GNOME environment, then I haven't problem, the
characters are OK, but if I log in with Window Maker then a dialog box
ask me whether I will use the GNOME settings, or the X Window settings.

Then I select the X Windows settings, but get then the small
characters.

My question is in point of fact that that where should I setup more to
get bigger characters not in GNOME but in X Window using windowmanager
like Window Maker?

--
Regards,
Debian Junior Project, DebianEdu, Moodle ->  :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)