Re: how to add java support to mozilla in woody

sqrt3@citiz.net wrote:

> Thanks in advance!

What version of Mozilla are you running?  The version that was included
with Woody, 1.0, is horribly outdated and has never received security
updates.  Even the ones available at backports.org are nine months old
and many new security flaws in Mozilla have been found and fixed since then.

For a desktop system, I suggest you upgrade to Sarge ASAP.  I'm not sure
it's even possible to find a Java plugin compatible with a Mozilla built
on Woody - see my other email in this thread.  Once you upgrade to
Sarge, it's not difficult to obtain a Java .deb via java-package.

regards,