Re: how to add java support to mozilla in woody

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 07:57:07AM +0800, sqrt3@citiz.net wrote:
>> Thanks in advance!

> Get java-package from Sarge, download a suitable JRE or JVM (from Sun,
> IBM, Blackdown, etc) and create a .deb.  Install it and it will install
> the correct mozilla plugin.

I don't know if that will work - he was asking about Woody.  I seem to
remember that the Mozilla plugin ABI changed between Woody and Sarge
because Mozilla in Woody was compiled with g++ 2.95 and that in Sarge,
with g++ 3.3.  As a result, old Java plugins didn't work with newer
Mozillas, and I bet the same is true the other way around.

I don't have any better suggestions, though, so he may as well try it.
Maybe he can find a sufficiently old JRE?

regards,