Re: Sound card (Intel AC'97) not detected by udev

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 05:17 am, Luís Neves wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just reinstalled Sarge on my laptop (HP Pavilion zt3000) using the
> Sarge CD after more than a year running Sarge updated from woody and I
> got some problems that didn't exist before.
>
> My audio card module is detected and installed but it is not assigned to
> any device. cat /proc/asound/cards says "no soundcards"
>
> In fact it was showing the Modem but I placed snd_intel8x0m in the
> blacklist of hotplug to see if it would solve the problem.
>
> As i never used udev before I'm a bit lost with it. Can anyone tell me
> what I must do to make it understand snd_intel8x0 is a soundcard?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luís Neves

Are you by any chance using sl-modem-daemon?  If so, remove that package and
things should be then identified correctly.  From lspci, I have:

0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97
Audio Controller (rev 02)
0000:00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem Controller (rev
02)

When I had sl-modem-deamon installed it was causing my modem to be assigned to
my sound output.  My sound card was identified but was not usable.  I could
hear sound when my modem was hijacked, but this wasn't right.  When I removed
the sl-modem-daemon, things then were correctly assigned.  I haven't had a
need to use my modem, so don't know what the status is without the
sl-modem-daemon.

John