Re: I can not boot in single user mode without root password

rosetta wrote:
> Yes..But I didn't install the sudo.
> And I want to reset the root password without "rescure CD" or some
> else. Because the debian reference say single user mode can reset the
> password.

Please don't top post.  If you google on the subject, you will probably
find that appending init=/bin/bash to the boot line will do the trick.
You may also need to remount / as read-write, although last time I did
this I have a feeling that it was already mounted like that.

If you feel that there is a bug in the Reference, please raise a bug
against the debian-reference package.  Osamu and others are working on
improving this document, all the time.