Re: retaining file permissions and ownership across sub-directories in Linux

> > Is there a global setting to set the umask for all applications to use 002?
>
> Probably not.
> If the application insists on giving a file permissions, let's say, 0600
> you can't forbid it with umask. With umask you can only prohibit them
> from giving some permissions. Not the other way around, as is in your
> case :-(

Ok. Any ideas where to configure it Konqueror, Mozilla and Kmail?
These are the apps I need to configure to save files with the 002
umask setting.

BTW. thanks for support and help with this query of mine. Appreciate it.

Rishi