Re: I can not boot in single user mode without root password

Nelson Castillo quoted someone who wrote:

>>system boot completely, it prompt "Give root password for
>>mantenance(or Control-D to continue):".
>>  If I press ctrl+d, then it will use normal runlevel.
>>  How can I use 1 runlevel if I forget the root password in grub?

This doesn't sound like a grub password, but rather a system password.

Assuming you have sudo installed, boot into the system as a normal user
who has enough sudo capability, and sudo change root's password. Then
try again.

--
Kent West
Technology Support