Re: Responses to the list

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:46:48 -0700
> Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
>>    Clients that treat IMAP like a glorified POP should
>>just remove it and save the compile time.  Seriously.

> When I've examined the ~/.evolution IMAP cache, I see
> headers, not mail bodies.

    That was in reference to sylpheed, not evolution.  Evo's IMAP works quite
well.  Evo's IMAPS blows.

>>    Ah, yes, passwords in the clear.

> Private LAN.

    Which is great for you.  However it was given as an alternative to someone
other than you.  Considering my email client resides on my laptop and I take
that laptop outside of my private LAN a broken IMAPS implementation is not an
option.  I don't think I am unique in that requirement.