Re: Cannot access the computer

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 13:04 +0200, Mitja Podreka wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a big problem. I have six new computers running Mandrake. I
> would like to migrate them to Debian, but everything is password
> protected and the people who installed the original OS forgot all the
> passwords.
> I tried today to boot from a live CD, but found out that BIOS is set
> to boot from hard disc and access to BIOS is password protected.
> What can I do?

warning: think before following:

are you saying HD is first boot option or only boot option? For the
former, wipe the HD so it won't boot and then boot off alternative media
might be a poss if you're happy to lose everything

I've never tried it but you may be able to put inst image on USB and run
it from there