Re: ReiseFS vs XFS

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Brendan wrote:

> On Monday 26 September 2005 07:20 pm, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > > That's JUST you. I backup / as well, so...
> >
> > Please explain to me why should I NOT care that I can still remote connect
> > through the serial console to a system where /home, /usr and /var is hosed,
> > but / is still OK so it is trivial to rebuild from backup?
>
> Who said you shouldn't? I think you are not understanding....

"That's JUST you", to my not-native-english-speaker skills is a sarcastic
way to say "nobody else but you".  So, I replied with a reason why many
administrators would care about the state of /, even if /home is gone, and
why they would have them separate to improve the chances of / surviving.

> > Not to mention it is easier to install anoter system over, etc.
> >
> > "anecdotes" (sic). Hah.
> ?
> http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=anecdotes

The "hah" was me getting annoyed.  The (sic) was a mistake caused by my
annoyance.

  Henrique Holschuh