Re: pointer for home networking

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 06:18:15PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Michael writes:
> > I don't want to fork out dosh for a modem/router.
>
> The "router" can be an old junker pc running Linux.

It can even be one of your two PC's, as long as you're willing to dedicate
it to Linux.  And you'd have to put an ethernet card on it for your
local net, in addition to what you've got to talk to the rest of the world.
Then you can set up that PC as a masquerading router.  Look for the
HOWTO on IP Masquerading.

-- hendrik