Re: Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

Albert wrote:
> I am a new user of Debian.  My first task after system install is
> to install Firefox and Tbird, preferably the latest 1.0.6 or
> 1.0.7.  It's a piece of cake to download and install these from
> the mozilla site, but I have no idea how I might then wrap them
> with an icon and to get them to show in the menus.  Do debian
> users not do this sort of thing?  If so, could someone point me
> to the appropriate documentation?

Still reading this thread, Albert? Put this into a web browser's URL box
and read about Debian's menus:
                file:/usr/share/doc/menu/html/index.html

There's a package everyone should have installed- it's called dwww. It
gathers up all the system docs and makes them very much available via
web browser:  http://localhost/dwww

Incidentally,

~$ wajig policy mozilla-firefox
mozilla-firefox:
  Installed: 1.0.6-5
  Candidate: 1.0.6-5
  Version table:
     1.0.7-1 0
         50 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
 *** 1.0.6-5 0
        990 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status