Re: Responses to the list (oops)

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
[Sorry for replying in that other thread, here is a new one:]

Ok, now I'm confused. I've seen so much "respond this way" on the list lately. I'm using Tbird, and when I hit "reply" it replies to the poster only. When I hit "reply-all" it goes to the poster, the list, and maybe a few others that got picked up along the way. I thought this was done on purpose so as not to munge email headers with mailman, but... now I've seen people say:

1) CC me because I'm not on the list (ok done - hit reply-all)
2) Respond to the list and don't CC me

So in this case, do we hit reply-all, and cut and paste the list email as the To: line, removing all others, etc?

It seems to me if this is the behavior desired, then the mail headers should be munged in mailman like so many others lists do.

Yes, you are right. Debian does this different than the rest of the world.