Re: Debian Compatable UPS?

hi ya

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, charlie wrote:

>   >|> Battery boxes should be plastic.
>   >|
>   >|I have never seen a metal battery box.

that's why battery holds in a car is metal, so you have
to buy a new car every few years :-)

> WE have four of them for our 700 amp 24 volt solar system. Being very
> handy when transporting and just light/heavy enough to lift for two
> people.

i assume that's 2 batteries in parallel and those 2 pairs in series
	- do you use electronics to adjust for 14.0v vs 14.5v

	even a 0.1v difference between the batteries at 500A
	will be a big heat generator ( too hot to touch )

- nice big fat 1awg stranded cables ??

-------

for mini-itx systems that uses 3A per p4-3G+mb+mem+disk
that'd be enough power for 200+ of them mini-itx boxes
as long as the batteries can be kept charged

and 2A additional (5A total) peak power during the first
2-3 seconds of power up at 12vdc

c ya
alvin