RE: No Kernel updates via apt-get?

> Hi there,
>
> I am still running a 2.4.x kernel since I need stable isdn support
> which is not really there in 2.6 - however I wonder why no kernel
> updates are distributed over apt-get.
> I am still using the 2.4.27 shipped with sarge - although
> already 2.4.31 is out.
>
> No chance to get pre-compiled up2date kernel images for sarge?

Try your own kernels. Just download the source, cp your config from /boot to
/usr/src/linux-2.4.31/.config and then cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.30
make oldconfig
say yes or no to the extra hardware or stuff.
Go into the kernel menu with make menuconfig
set * to your initrd and main hardware and filesystem support.
make-kpkg --revision=PC.v1.1 kernel_image
cd ..
dpkg -i kernel-image-PC.v1.1-2.4.30something.deb
maybe if grub let it update your grub config or lilo do lilo -v
reboot and tadda!!

It's FUN!

.Alejandro