Re: absurdly simple LAN problem - SOLVED?

On 17 Sep 2005, Anthony Campbell wrote:

After some more experimentation I seem to have got ping to work in both
directions, by means of the following:

1. There is a page in the router set-up which shows attached devices;
the laptop appears here as 192.168.0.3, for some reason.

2. I removed (instead of just stopping) shorewall and also bastille on
both machines.

I can now ping in both directions, using the above IP address for the
laptop. I don't fully understand what is happening but at least it seems
to be working so far.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk for
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  blog, book reviews, electronic