Re: watching an avi

Rick Pasotto on 18/09/05 00:48, wrote:
System:
	KM4M-V motherboard with onboard video using via driver
	1-gig of ram (using less than 300mb)
	Running testing so have switched to X-org

Most of the time I can watch avi videos using xine with no problem, even
full screen. Sometimes xine runs but the display window remains black
and the sound plays fine. At least once when this happened I was able to
view the avi with kaboodle after which xine then worked properly.

Now xine, kaboodle, and noatrun are all failing.

Running kaboodle from the command line gives these error messages:

QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
unix_connect: can't connect to server
(unix:/tmp/mcop-rick/mnr_niof_net-7c4f-432ca596)
Launched ok, pid = 31911
There are already artsd objects registered, looking if they are active...
... cleaned 5 unused mcop global references.

X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Major opcode of failed request:  142 (XVideo)
Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
Serial number of failed request:  104
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 31906, errno = 0

Do I have some setting wrong?

What do I need to do to reset the counter that's not being decremented?

Whose bug is this? X-org? If I file a bug report, what do I file against?

how does totem run?