Re: announcing the beginning of security support for testing

s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca>:
>  Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>:
> > s. keeling wrote:
> > >
> > >      ----------------------------------------------------------
> > > W: Couldn't stat source package list http://secure-testing.debian.net \
> > >           testing/security-updates/main Packages \
> > >           (/var/lib/apt/lists/secure-testing.debian.net_ \
> > >           debian-secure-testing_dists_testing_security-updates_\
> > >           main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> > >      ----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >  apt-get update
>
>  That was the output from aptitude update.
>
> > > I haven't seen an etch archive yet that allows me to use "etch"
> > > instead of "testing".
> >
> >  I have; all of them. It's a symlink..
>
>  I'll try again.

It works now.

    ---------------------------------------
(0) infidel root ~_ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://debian.savoirfairelinux.net/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://debian.savoirfairelinux.net/debian/ etch main

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

deb http://secure-testing.debian.net/debian-secure-testing etch-proposed-updates/security-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://secure-testing.debian.net/debian-secure-testing etch-proposed-updates/security-updates main contrib non-free

I've now managed to successfully dist-upgrade.  The automatic
conversion from xfree86 to xorg worked flawlessly.

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt democracy human rights Taiwan Independence