Re: Desperation with Hylafax and AVM Fritz ISDN Card PCI on a debian system

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 08:53:27PM +0200, Andreas Moser wrote:
> (...)
> Seems so that my controller is working.
> Now I had to check whether the group dialout can access on /dev/capi20
> and the user "uucp" is member in this group too.
>
> alpha:/dev# ls -l capi20
> crw------- 1 uucp dialout 68, 0 2005-09-01 14:14 capi20

I have to admit I haven't read your entire problem description (so I
might be missing something essential), but to me this looks like group
dialout does _not_ have read/write permission on /dev/capi20. In other
words, you, as a member of that group, also do not have access (only
user uucp has)...  You probably want to "chmod g+rw" on the device.

Good luck,
Almut