Re: different From: addresses with mutt, etc.

Paul,

On 2005-09-03T11:07:44-0700, paslist@ultrasw.com wrote:
> I seem to have gotten most important things to work.  One thing I
> miss that I need is a quick way to set the From: field since I
> have three different email addresses that I send messages from.

folder-hook . my_hdr From: <your default address>
folder-hook folder1 my_hdr From: <folder1 address>

(1st google hit using query: mutt change from address per folder).

> Another important feature that I haven't found yet is a good way
> to filter messages automatically.  It looks like the 'mailbox' is
> part of the answer.

Use an external program (procmail).  You can use the folder-hook to push
stuff on the keyboard buffer, but then the action happens when you enter
the folder instead of when you retrieve mail.

(1st google hit using query: how to filter mail automatically)

/Allan