Re: Mounting XFS with user_xattr on Debian linux-image-2.6.12-1-686-smp not working?

Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:
> I tried to remount an LVM volume and another partition - both
> formatted as XFS - with the user_xattr option, but mount reports that
> it's not a valid option, e.g.

<snip>

> Is the user_xattr flag disabled already for XFS in Debian's 2.6.12 kernel image?

Hmm - seeing this too. Was testing beagle on a 2.6.11 (a stock 686
debian kernel - non SMP). Seemed to be working fine (although without
inotify). Here user_xattr runs just fine on xfs.

Then - on a second sid machine - running 2.6.12-1-k7 (again stock) - the
same mount option and I get the same error as you.

Did you hear anything more on this? Not seen anything on list as yet.

--
Chris Searle