Re: PCMCIA wireless help needed

"Edwards, Thomas W." <TWEdwards@cimplify.net> writes:

> I noticed the results of the iwconfig do not have an Essid set?

what is an essid?

> It also states encryption is off.

yes. I presume there are several types? Whatever encryption they are
using, it is probably whatever windows-oriented people use. I live in
a Buddhist monastery and I'm pretty sure they were going for the
simplest encryption you could get under Windows.

> It appears your wireless card is not connecting to the wireless
> network, and therefore it won't get a dhcp offer since it is
> technically not on the network.

ah... thanks.

> Good luck,

thanks

> and I hope none of this was way off base.

no, very helpful.