From: wim [mailto:wimpunk@gmail.com]
Sent: domingo, 31 de julio de 2005 11:20
To: Debian User
Subject: Re: Firewall & IP Forwarding problems

#======================================================================

"----------------------------------------------------------------------"

"----------------------------------------------------------------------"

> echo -e " Done loading modules.\n"
> echo " Enabling forwarding.."
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> echo " Enabling DynamicAddr.."
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr
> echo " Clearing any existing rules and setting default policy.."
> $IPTABLES -P INPUT ACCEPT
> $IPTABLES -F INPUT
> $IPTABLES -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
> $IPTABLES -F OUTPUT
> $IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP
> $IPTABLES -F FORWARD
> $IPTABLES -t nat -F
>
> #echo " FWD: Allow all connections OUT and only existing and related
> ones IN"
> #$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -m state --state
> ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -j ACCEPT
> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INTIF -o $EXTIF -j ACCEPT
> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -j LOG
>
> echo " Enabling SNAT (MASQUERADE) functionality on $EXTIF"
> $IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXTIF -j MASQUERADE
>
> echo -e "\nrc.firewall-2.4 v$FWVER done.\n"ð

> After applying this script, I'm able to ping the pocketpc from the
> VMWare system and, when I tap on "Connect" on the pocketpc, Activesync
> on the VMWare system starts rolling but stops a while later saying a
> "Critical communication services failed to start..." error which I
> learned was because a firewall blocked the application.  All solutions
> found were for Windows, so I would appreciate any help I could get to
> make this work under Linux.
>
> I'm running a Sarge system with a 2.6.12.2 kernel.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ronald

Check your vmware startup scripts.
Somewhere there's a vmware-bridge, but I never made a succesful bridge
with an encrypted wireless network.

wim.