Re: ... clueless-twit

[Sorry for the Subject: line change.  I filter unsubscribe, et al, into
the crap folder.]

Incoming from Cybe R. Wizard:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:13:38 -0400
> Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > I came here from an amiga, where I ran a gui
> > agent called Thor, and Thor can still teach the linux email agents a
> > few tricks.  One of them was that thor didn't care if it was a
> > newsgroup on a newsserver, or legit email from a pop server, it
> > handled both so interchangeably that you had to check the header to
> > see which it was.  The only place it fell down was in filtering the
> > junk, it was written back in a time when junk mail or spam was only 5
>
> Have you tried Sylpheed-claws?  What you said is what it does.
> Filtering works pretty well, too.

Of course, there are many better ways to filter mail.  You don't have
to do it the Outlook way.  "Do one thing, but do it well" is what *nix
strives for.  An MUA should read mail well.  Bogofilter, Spamassassin,
procmail, and maildrop (among others) should be doing the filtering.

- -