Re: windows seem to scroll by themselves once in a while

On Monday 04 April 2005 10:24, michael wrote:
> Folks - for a while I thought it was me but now I am sure that contents
> of a window (eg email windows or xpdf windows) do indeed move, seemingly
> of their own volition - an occasional jump to somewhere else in the
> contents. I've not managed to convince myself there's no correlation
> with my moving the mouse but am 99% convinced I don't mouse click at all
> when such 'auto scrolls' occur...

Hmm.. my keyboard seems to suddenly go nuts and input a series of 8s or
something every once in a while.  Pressing any key stops it.  (That "any" key
is real handy ;)   If yours was inputting a cursor key, it might not be
noticed except when you can scroll.  Then again, this is an iBook.  It's
possible that the mouse is doing something similar, of course.  Or, at a
guess, I suppose it could/might be an X bug where it misses input when the
CPU is very busy...

If no one has a real answer for you, you might try to narrow it down by seeing
if keyboard input or mouse activity stops the scrolling.  Also, be aware that
a few browsers do have an autoscroll feature: in konqueror, shift-downarrow
activates that,  but it might be less obvious or more easy to trigger in
other browsers.

--
Lee.