Re: Debian sarge base + xfce4 desktop

On (02/04/05 16:31), Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 01:22:52PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > > Beurk well I wouldn't install xdm but that might just be me with my
> > > startx cravings.
> > > Also 4.2 is in experimental and we'd appreciate testing of it.
> > Is it also available for amd64 'cos I'm using the version provided by
> > Andreas Weber .... from www.os-works.com/view/debian/:
> >  Andreas Weber provides ready-to-install Debian/amd64 versions of our
> >  Debian packages. Just add the lines
>
> Are these the os-works packages recompiled or the ones from experimental
> though?
I'm not sure but it would appear that the packages are a direct result
of the creation of the 'live CD' xfld.  But the amd64 bit version is
created by AW.

> The os-works ones aren't really just xfce they are used for the XFLD
> live CD thing and have other customisations etc.
Aside from the default desktop picture (advertising the live CD) there
isn't much customisation; I've run the live cd and it has a fairly fully
configured system whereas the xfce install is pretty basic.  Xfce is
modular and they don't seem to have bundled up too much.

> It's a shame os-works feels the need to duplicate our work but hey.
Has anyone talked to them?

Regards

Clive

--