Re: Why non-free packages are not in *.iso

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 07:14:08PM +0200, belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I got all the iso  sarge cd, no one contains the non-free directory? So
> to install latex2html-2002, i have to download it from the site, why it
> is not in the iso cd,
> since it is in the /packages.debian.org/testing/tex/latex2html  ?

Because stuff in non-free often has restrictions on distribution that
prevent it from being included on a Debian CD.  Also, by definition,
only the "main" archive is the official Debian distribution.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.