Sarge Sound Issues

Would someone please tell me what does "ymfpci blacklisted" means as seen in the bootup messages as that reflects on my built-in sound card. I don't find this message or anything similar reading the
/var/log/*logfiles/.
Also, would appreciate any help in resolving this message poping up when starting KDE GUI:

X Informational-artsmessage
Sound server informational message:
Error while initiating the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp cannot be opened (too many levels of symbolic links)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device

I have ALSA and ALSA-OSS installed and my sound card is YMF 724F by Yamaha and does not work except for built in sounds(like a beep) when mozilla mail client starts. I'd be happy to send any log file needed to resolve this issue or provide any other info in order to get my sound system working. I'm running Sarge, 2.6.8-2-686 kernel image, on a Dell Dimension XPS T450
PC with 128 MB ram.

PLEASE COPY MY EMAIL ADDRESS AS AM NOT CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED.
Thanks for any help fixing my sound problems,

Leonard Chatagnier