Re: Alt-F2 then Synaptic launches firefox

Rhys Hardwick wrote:
Ok, here is some further information on this problem. It is reproducable, whether firefox is open or not. Synaptic version 0.56 is installed on a Debian Sid machine, running linux 2.6.10-1-386 and KDE 3.3.2. When /usr/sbin is run from the command line as root, it runs fine. When run from the KDE menu, which calls the same, it's fine. When Synaptic (note the capital S), which always did work, then I get firefox launching the page as mentioned.

Please bottom post to the messages. Using Debian sid, kernel 2.6.9-1-686, KDE 3.3.2, synaptic 0.56 - I cannot reproduce this problem.

Both 'Alt-F2 synaptic' and 'Alt-F2 Synaptic' are prompting for root password and then starting synaptic.

But my machine is not very uptodate. So I do not know which package is causing the problem. FYI,

$apt-show-versions synaptic
synaptic/unstable upgradeable from 0.55+cvs20050218-1 to 0.55+cvs20050325-1

raju