Xserver-xfree86 evdev mouseprotocol is incompatible with Emulate3Buttons

Hi,

Just in case anybody else tries to get a 2 wheel mouse working with evdev, consider this post:
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=U4nP.3v0.19%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fsafe%3Dimages%26as_usubject%3Devdev%2520and%2520Emulate3Buttons%26as_scoring%3Dd%26lr%3D%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den
sorry for the length,
and this bug:

and you will find that you CANNOT use the evdev protocol AND Emulate3Buttons and have a left button that you can paste with. I.e. that will separate "press" and "release".

That bug is 3 years old so it would be nice if the fix went into Sarge.

You don't really need Emulate3Buttons, but on my A4Tech button 2 is the top wheel, which ergonomically is a mess, so I thought: "hey I will use emulate 3 buttons!" Never took it out and never got the thing working right until I found the post.

BTW not a soul in LDU ever answered, must not be any A4Tech mouse users.

But thanks Google!

HTH