Re: "Knowledge Base" software?

Rick Taylor wrote:
Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> writes:

I was simply suggesting wikis, having imagined the requirements the OP

had, and

believing that form of "knowledge logging" was the best compromise

between ease

of use and functionalities needed.

He asked about a knowledge base. I'd assume from that... he wanted a
knowledge base.

I believe no-one here implied artificial reasoning is no good, only

maybe

inappropriate to the task.

The task of knowledge base?

Maybe the expert system was a bit out of place but it actually fit's his
requirements much
more closely. Personally, I think many folk {specifically customers}
would be served better
by an easy research system rather than a wiki. Wiki's are geared to
discussion. Expert
systems are geared to information retrieval.

It's not really that much more complex.

Good points Rick.

I was probably misled by your archaic language :) (English I mean) and by the fact that Knowledge Base is very often misused ...

Peace,
Bob