Re: Mounting USB Harddisk

hi ya

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Vikas Rawal wrote:

you already asked before .. :-)

did you do any homework since posting?
	- google or yahoo or yahoo.in

more questions for you .. to ask yourself..

> Command "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda" gives following output:
> "mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device"

are you 100% sure that its vfat format??
	- did you format it

does your kernel support vfat fs ??

> When I do "/sbin/fdisk -l /dev/sda", there is no output, I just get a
> command prompt.  I also tried /sdb, /sdc etc. None work.

why does it not work ??

"-l" lists the existing partitions on the drives it finds ..

can it even see the drive ??? ( without the -l option )

if it cannot see the drive ... why not ???

do you have the usb support in the kernel

do you have the usb disk modules loaded

what is your modules.conf file or modutils

what modules is loaded ?
	lsmod | sort

c ya
alvin