Re: debian chat

hja123 wrote:
This may have been answered before and I apologize for asking it again but is there an online chat group for Debian users? I believe this would be a faster way to interact.

hja123

Please see http://www.debian.org/support#irc . IRC is the place where you can chat with other debian users.

On a personal note, however, I encourage mailing lists over IRC because of the fact that mailing lists are archived. If you ask a question on IRC, in the end only you will get the answer. But if you ask a queston on the mailing list, the answers will be archived and thus will help other users with the same problems.

As for the fastness, I think on debian-user usually people get replies with in couple of minutes (for most of the queries) and 24/7. That is fast enough for me. YMMV.

raju