Re: Creating a subset mirror

Quoting monkey@monkeynet.ca:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get a local mirror of deb packages that I want to use to
> install
> various systems. The only problem is that I only want about 200 of these
> packages and they are comming from more than one source. Is there any easy
> way
> to get these packages using the apt infratructure? Ideally I'd like to be
> able
> to use files I download to create a local apt-repository.

Use apt-proxy and install the packages you want.  After you install them on
one machine they will be available on the proxy for other machines to access
across your local network.

Otherwise, you can manually (using ftp or wget) get the .deb files you want
and follow the instructions in my HOWTO to manually create a repository
( http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr/?page=debrepository ).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez