Re: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users - seriously.

Nicolas Patik wrote:
What do you want from debian/linux?
Do you want to *learn* linux? or do you want to *use* linux?

For _me_ the fastest way to *learn* something, is to *use* it in real world problems.

My step into Linux was a Demo-CD of Suse 6.2 in the year 1999. I had zero experience in assembling Computers, and zero experience in Unix/Linux too. My change to Debian was because of the more stable package management, and second the better understandable structure.

Maybe Debian is harder than current other distros for a newbie. But Sarge installer is a lot more convenient than Suse 6.2 was.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer