Re: apt/dpkg error installing nvu 0.70-1 on sarge

Randall J. Parr wrote:

> Using the following in my /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://www.linuxbh.org/naarea/ pacotes/

> I tried to install nvu and received the following apt/dpkg error

> unpacking nvu (from .../archives/nvu_0.70-1_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/nvu_0.70-1_i386.deb
> (--unpack):
> trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libgkgfx.so', which is also in package
> mozilla-browser

> I am running sarge with all updates available through yesterday
> installed.

> 1) Is there a nvu package which can be installed on sarge?

There doesn't seem to be one in official Debian repositories.

> 2) Is this a known problem and/or incompatibility?
> 3) Is there something I can/should do to correct this situation?

Since this is a non-official source of Debian packages, I would suggest
finding out who provides that package and contacting them.

You might be able to find this info from "apt-cache show nvu" - official
Debian packages have information about the maintainer, and this unofficial
package might as well.

Adam